Realities Ride and Rally, Washington Park, Fort Collins, CO 80521
2:00pm MST – 5:00pm MST
The Schraders Grand Prix is a 4 person team relay race on a small scale grand prix inspired track with obstacles.
Each team must complete a 4 lap race. Each individual on a team must complete one of the four laps. After each lap racers must come to a complete stop before transferring the trike to teammate. First team to complete all four laps wins.
Double Elimination bracket format divided into a Winnerʼs Bracket and a Runner-Up Bracket. The race will be conducted in heats of two teams. Win and your team will stay in the Winners bracket. Lose once and your team will move to the Runnerʼs Up bracket. After each race, teams are positioned accordingly in the brackets. If your team loses twice, the team is eliminated from the Grand Prix. This process continues until we can crown a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place team.
Schrader Oil Co. will be providing custom built adult tricycles (pictured below). Please bring your own helmets and any other protective gear you may need.
Requirements for the Race:
- Each team member must wear a helmet. One of the four racers on each team will have the option of wearing a GoPro video camera on their helmet.
- Must be old enough/tall enough to reach the pedals on the trikes. (Shorter than 5ft can be tricky)
- Each team member must have signed a release waiver prior to racing.
- Each team participating in the Schraders Grand Prix should be to the race track no later than 1 hour prior to the event. Save time to park and get checked in with your team.
- Each team needs a team name.
- Each team must have paid their entry fee of $200 dollars prior to racing. All Proceeds go to Realities for Children.
- Must be registered no later than May 19th, 2018.
- Team colors, costumes, uniforms are encouraged.
- There are extra pads and helmets, but each racer is encouraged to bring their own gear.
- No outside food or beverage containers are allowed inside the event. There will be a Pepsi station providing refreshments.
- Anyone drinking beer MUST be 21 years of age and have the proper ID bracelet visible at all times.